viernes, 3 de junio de 2016

Resumen del curso por Amy Baker

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as an English language assistant at CEIP Salvador Allende. From day one I felt welcomed and put at ease by the staff and I soon came to feel part of the bilingual team.


I spent the year helping in lessons with years 4, 5 and 6 in Natural and Social Science. My role in class was to give the children a chance to practise English and get used to a native English speaker. So, generally in lessons I read from the textbook and did vocabulary and speaking activities with the children. Also, I often worked with a small group of children at the back of the classroom, which personally I found was a much better way of engaging with the children and allowing them all to participate in activities.



I learnt a great deal from working with the different teachers. Amongst other things, I learnt about the role of the teacher, the factors that affect their work, how to deal with classroom problems, and about different methods of evaluation. Also, I attended the weekly meetings of the bilingual staff team, from which I learnt how the teachers organised their work. I am very grateful to Gracia and all of the staff I worked with for giving me the opportunity to be part of the bilingual team and to learn from them.

I have some great memories from working at the school, with some of my favourites being the Halloween celebrations, seeing the year 6 Christmas play (a very impressive version of Dickens’s  A Christmas Carol, all in English), sharing my presentation about A British Christmas with the whole school, and working in a year 5 lesson where they made their own model ecosystems.



It has been a fantastic experience working at Salvador Allende, where I’ve learnt a lot, both personally and professionally, and I will really miss working here.


 

1 comentario:

  1. Oh! Amy, it's been so easy to work with you, you've helped us so much and it's going to be impossible to find someone like you. That's the reason why we're seriously thinking of kidnapping you for next years... (take good care when you go out at night, we're watching you...)

    ResponderEliminar